Hi guys, I’ve been lucky enough for ‘HiSmile’ https://uk.hismileteeth.com to send me their teeth whitening kit, to try out and give you my own honest opinion. I love talking and learning about most things teeth related (sounds weird) but I find it interesting. I definitely think that if your teeth are whiter it makes your skin complexion look clearer and of a better tonne.
Teeth whitening isn’t permanent (it takes up keep) neither is a substitute for oral health care and hygiene. So basically you still have to brush your teeth twice a day and continue with your visits to your dentist. You would need to maintain the colour by trying to stay away from stainable food. I personally always drink any fizzy, or coloured liquid/drink (cold or hot) through a straw so that the fluid has less impact on the teeth.
Admitingly, I’ve had in chair teeth whitening a few years ago (at the dentist) thought I’d deserved it after having braces through my late teens. But that’s okay because ‘HiSmiles’ teeth whitening package comes with a colour guide to show you the shade your teeth are before and after.
The gels cannot whiten or remove stains from veneers, denchers, crowns, caps or fillings. (even the gels from the dentist can’t)
Step by step: How too. (Instructions inside box)
What you will revive| In the box you will receive, the LED light, trays for the gel, three 3ml teeth whitening gels, instructions manual and results chart.
1. Gently clean your teeth by brushing with toothpaste.
2. Take the battery out of the LED light, remove the plastic then reinsert the battery to turn it on. (I used eyebrow pluckers to help me remove the battery)
3. Attach the mouth tray to the battery.
4. Apply 1/4th of the syringe of whitening gel to the top and bottom of mouth trays. The syringes are measured out and marked with the quantity. Make sure to apply to the face of the trays so you whiten the front of your teeth.
5. Place in your mouth and let the whitening process begin. This takes 10 minutes and the LED lighting will automatically turn off after the 10 minutes is up. (You don’t even have to time yourself)
6. Once the time is up, rinse your mouth with warm water to get rid of any left over residue.
1. Stay away from dark stainable food and drink.
2. Apply pressure to the mouthpiece while whitening.
3. Keep up with your normal dentist check ups.
Questons and answers.
Q.Will it make my teeth sensitive?- A. No, our kit won’t make your teeth sensitive.
Q.How many times a week can I use it/what’s recommended?- A. We recommend using the kit once daily for 6 days if it’s your first time using the kit.
Q.What happens if I leave it on longer than 10 minutes?- A. We recommend using it for 10 minutes for the optimum results. If you use it for longer than 10 minutes it is ok, however we don’t recommend whitening for more than 20 minutes.
Q.Can I buy the gels separately?- A. Yes, you can order gels from our website. We also offer a subscription service which offers the gels delivered to your door monthly for a discounted price.
Q.How long on average does the LED battery life last?- A. The LED light has a 1 year warranty, the battery in the light is replaceable however there is no average time for the battery in the light.
Before & After.
Before testing HiSmile I’d say I was at shade 4. The darker bit at the bottom of my front tooth on your left is a filling and cannot whiten. (Stupidly tripped over in primary school and softened the blow to the floor with my front tooth rather than my hands) Well done Char!